The idea of a charity gig organised by the members of Massive Attack in Bristol, England is being knocked around again (an almost identical event was planned in 1997 but never happened). Daddy G and 3D from the band have asked Radiohead to play. (thanks max k.)
Massive Attack have recently been in the news after the band have joined forces with the British Red Cross and the Bristol, UK-based Beira Fund, and have pledged to donate their licensing fee from an upcoming product advert to charity. They will license their “Angel” track to Emporio Armani’s for use in HE/SHE fragrance line commercials. The British Red Cross will receive the bulk of the fee, but a portion will also be donated to the Beira Fund, which will help rebuild schools that were devastated in the recent Mozambique floods. Beira is the sister city to Bristol.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Thom Yorke joins Modeselektor onstage at Coachella Festival – 2012
- Tribute band The Karma Police in NYC – 2008
- Radiohead: ‘House Of Cards’ on Conan O’Brien – 2008
- The Eraser remix released on Body Language 4 – 2007
- Tour rehearsal pictures – 2006
- Radiohead’s second night in Sydney – 2004
- Sydney pictures online – 2004
- More Hail to the Thief reviews – 2003
- Ed to join ADF on Glastonbury? – 2003
- Courtney Love disappointed by Radiohead – 2003