There’s a video of Thom and Ed from last week’s World Trade Lobby. It’s from the Christian Aid website. Check it out Check it out here. [thanks melissa]
On BBC Radio 1 Thom Yorke said: “I used to be involved with jubilee 2000 and that was about dropping unpayable debts.” “One of the things that came up quite a lot was really the way the west is involved with the rest of the world and the way it has managed to corrupt the relationships we have with the poorest countries in the world which means they’ll never really get off their knees.”
The organizers of the Benicassim Festival confirmed today which day the bands are playing. Radiohead will be playing on Saturday August 3rd. It has also been announced that 1-day tickets will be available starting july 5th from the usual outlets and they will cost 43€ (50€ at the box office the weekend of the festival). [thanks david]
From w.a.s.t.e.: In a naive attempt to embrace the summer, w.a.s.t.e. has introduced a new section to the w.a.s.t.e. shop. The new section is to be named FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH. Every month we will be reducing the price of one of our more popular products. This product will then be known as the FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH. Ingenious don’t you think? I think that’s all I need to say about that. Enjoy the sunshine. All of us at w.a.s.t.e. hq www.waste.uk.com.
The first part of a Radiohead feature is published in the French issue of this month’s Rock Sound. Part two will be published in the next issue.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Thom Yorke & Jonny Greenwood live at Glastonbury – live report – 2010
- Thom Yorke to play surprise set at Glastonbury – 2010
- Thom Yorke contributes to Mark Mulcahy Tribute album – 2009
- Radiohead Live in London – Night 2 [live report] – 2008
- Thom Yorke collaborates with Modeselektor – 2007
- Hail to the Thief review – 2003
- Glastonbury 2003 broadcast – 2003
- Japanese Special Edition – HTTT – 2003
- Radiohead on DirecTV from July 4 – 2003
- ‘Hail to the Thief’ in 50 words – 2003