Radiohead have finally completed their sixth album and will undertake a tour in May in the smallest British venues they’ll have visited in almost six yearThe band’s new album, recorded in Oxford and LA over the last year, will be released on June 9, preceded by a brand new single in mid-May.
In the coming weeks the band will start rehearsals for a tour which in addition to previously announced massive European festivals, will see Radiohead play ‘club’ dates in the UK. Radiohead haven’t been on a UK stage since their celebrated homecoming show in Oxford’s South Park in July 2001. A spokesperson for the band said: “They will be playing a very special series of dates in the UK. The shows will be in what for them, will be very small venues.”
While the number of dates and the venues themselves are still closely guarded secrets, a full list of venues and exact dates will be revealed at sometime within the next two weeks. [from nme & xfm, thanks lizzie, anup, matt, adam, julian]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Atoms For Peace announce European Tour – 2013
- Jonny Greenwood: Radiohead making music, rehearsing, working out what to do – 2011
- Jonny Greenwood to be interviewed on BBC 6 Music tomorrow – 2011
- Radiohead featured in Mexican MAD Magazine – 2009
- Stanley Donwood exhibition in Japan – 2008
- The Fog Of War – 2007
- Thom Yorke: How to appear completely… – 2007
- Small Dead Air Space update – 2006
- New Radiohead.com online – 2004