As reported earlier BBC Worldservice will broadcast a Radiohead documentary. Here’s the press release from BBC Worldservice:
As the build-up to Radiohead’s highly anticipated new album ‘Hail To The Thief’ begins, BBC World Service will be broadcasting a major 4 part series which offers the first chance to hear the band talk about their controversial new record.
Presented by Steve Lamacq, who has had a close relationship with the band for over a decade, the series will tell the story of Radiohead from their early days at school together in Oxford, England, right through to the inside story on the recording sessions for their new material, and how the album is already causing a stir in the USA.
All five members of the band, including enigmatic frontman Thom Yorke, tell their story. As well as exclusive and extensive new interviews, the series will also draw on the huge BBC archive of sessions and live recordings, giving a rare opportunity to hear key moments throughout the band’s career.The 4 parts of ‘The Radiohead Story’ on BBC World Service will be broadcast from Monday 14th April, then April 25th, May 5th, and May 12th. In the new World Service schedule, they are broadcast in the UK at 08.32, 13.32, 18.32, and 00.32 – times may differ around the world.
Details of how to receive BBC World Service Programmes can be found at bbcworldservice.com
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in San Jose – Live Report – 2012
- Thom Yorke responds to fan mail – 2011
- Com Lag (2Plus2IsFive) EP set for re-release – 2007
- Noel Gallagher: Radiohead more important than Oasis – 2006
- Battle of the 90′s drummers – 2005
- Creep story on 6Music – 2004
- ‘Split Sides’ in Korea – 2004
- Radiohead’s Musical Journey on Triple J – 2004
- Glastonbury ‘reserve’ tickets snapped up – 2003
- Radiohead on ‘Later…’ – 2003