In an attempt to rescue the concert, Riverhead town officials said they were talking to State Police about importing troopers from upstate to help control crowds at the June 7 and 8 event, which would feature big-name bands such as the Beastie Boys and Radiohead and was expected to draw at least 50,000 fans.
But while members of the Central Pine Barrens Commission asked the town and the concert promoters to provide more information at a meeting set for Thursday, the board declined to take a position on whether the concert should take place at all on the site of the 2,900-acre former Grumman property.
The decision is significant because it means the commission could force the promoters to make changes to their plan to lessen the impact on the environment, but it stopped short of banning the concert altogether. [full story, thanks Dezien]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in Mansfield – Live Report – 2012
- Radiohead working on new song – 2008
- Rachmaninoff isn’t Radiohead, dude! – 2004
- Thom Yorke acoustic in New York City – 2003
- Radiohead’s Friday night with Jonathan Ross – 2003
- More HTTT listening parties in USA – 2003
- Thom on cover of Q – 2003
- Beacon Theatre update – 2003
- More Hail to the Thief promotion – 2003
- Radiohead videomaker to direct Japanese remake – 2002