Hours after the New York State Police informed the Suffolk County health department that it will not be able to send troopers to help control crowds and traffic at a concert scheduled this weekend in Calverton, the Riverhead Town Board tabled a vote on granting the event a special permit.
It was a double blow for promoters of the event, which already has been denied a separate approval by Suffolk County that will not be reconsidered, a county official told the town board Tuesday night.
But a lawyer for the promoter said he was seeking other venues in the New York metropolitan area for the concert. “We don’t have a formal commitment to stage a concert anywhere,” said Chris Kent, an attorney for the promoters. [full story at newsday]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in Washington DC – Live Report – 2012
- MTV2 to broadcast ‘The Best of Radiohead’ – 2008
- Radiohead in Boston – Night 1 Live Report – 2006
- Radiohead on Radio 4′s ‘Radio 9′ – 2004
- W/C: This one’s optimistic – 2003
- Field Day Festival to move to Giants Stadium – 2003
- Jonny Greenwood interview on 3voor12FM – 2003
- Radiohead have difficulties finding venue in Illinois – 2003
- The band who stole the world – 2003
- Radiohead features, articles and interviews – 2003