The Riverhead Town Supervisor Robert Kozakiewicz announced this morning that a two-day rock concert, the Field Day Festival, scheduled for this weekend in Calverton would not happen. Soon after, Ticketmaster was advertising on its web site that the event had been scaled down to a one-day show and would be held at Giants Stadium Saturday.
A Giants Stadium spokesperson said that although negotions have taken place, no deal has been reached. The change of venue was not confirmed by the concert’s promoters.
Ticketmaster’s web site said the new show would include Radiohead and the Beastie Boys, but did not make clear how many of the 35 other bands originally booked for the show would be part of the 12-hour concert. Tickets for the show were to go on sale at 5 p.m. through Ticketmaster.com, according to the ticket web site.
Tickets for the Calverton show will not be honored at Giants Stadium and people who initially purchased their tickets with a credit card online or by phone will receive an automatic refund on their credit card, according to Ticketmaster. Those who purchased them in other ways must return their tickets at the point of purchase for a refund.
Promoters today were hustling to find a new venue after the Suffolk officials declared that the concert would not be allowed on the East End as had been proposed. “In the interest of the health, safety and welfare of the residents of the Town of Riverhead and the public, I believe that the event should be cancelled,” Kozakiewicz said in a prepared statement. [from newsday, thanks to a lot of you;) ]
Billboard have an article online as well.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in Washington DC – Live Report – 2012
- MTV2 to broadcast ‘The Best of Radiohead’ – 2008
- Radiohead in Boston – Night 1 Live Report – 2006
- Radiohead on Radio 4′s ‘Radio 9′ – 2004
- W/C: This one’s optimistic – 2003
- Jonny Greenwood interview on 3voor12FM – 2003
- Radiohead have difficulties finding venue in Illinois – 2003
- The band who stole the world – 2003
- Radiohead features, articles and interviews – 2003
- Field Day Festival looking for other site – 2003