Radiohead’s management have said that the situation regarding Warner Chappell has now been resolved. Warner Chappell will be issuing yearly free licenses from now on allowing all the fan websites, like ateaseweb.com to use lyrics as before. Letters will be going out detailing this in the next few days.
At the moment Warner Chappell have not contacted ateaseweb.com on the license. The last e-mail from Mr. Olsen at Warner Chappell included the following:
Due to some of the backlash that has resulted from the e-mails I sent out yesterday, I will be having a telephone conference call later this morning with the Managing Director of our London office and the head of our Business Affairs Dept. Given the reasonable nature of your request, I will ask this group for their opinion and potential approve so you can legally do what you have asked to do.
In the meantime there are some stories available on the web regarding this matter. Besides the earlier reported story from Internet Magazine (UK), there are some available at 3voor12.nl (Netherlands), Laut.de (Germany), Canoe.ca (Canada), Dagensskiva.com (Sweden) & Webwereld.nl (Netherlands), home.nl (Netherlands), Journal Du Net (France), FD Centre, Europemedia.net & Pitchfork Media (USA) LawMeme (USA).
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in Washington DC – Live Report – 2012
- MTV2 to broadcast ‘The Best of Radiohead’ – 2008
- Radiohead in Boston – Night 1 Live Report – 2006
- Radiohead on Radio 4′s ‘Radio 9′ – 2004
- Field Day Festival to move to Giants Stadium – 2003
- Jonny Greenwood interview on 3voor12FM – 2003
- Radiohead have difficulties finding venue in Illinois – 2003
- The band who stole the world – 2003
- Radiohead features, articles and interviews – 2003
- Field Day Festival looking for other site – 2003