Radiohead performed at the ‘Split Sides’ world premiere in New York last night. Radiohead appeared at the Brooklyn Academy of Music to perform music along with the ballet of Merce Cunningham. There are several reviews of the show available in the gigography as well as at Billboard.com and Yahoo.com.
The “Split Sides” premiere received extensive coverage in the NY Times arts section today, including a picture of Radiohead at a dress rehearsal. There were two articles about the show — one a review, and one more about the music.
The show was also reviewed by Clive Barnes in the NY Post; he called “Split Sides” “a bull’s-eye . . . a honey of a work, one of [Cunningham's] best ever.” But he was mainly complimenting the choreography and dancing; he called the music “wispy, agreeable alt-rock.”
[thanks ben and dave]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Trent Reznor: ‘Radiohead inspired me to return to a major label’ – 2012
- Radiohead live in Cologne – Live Report – 2012
- The White House: What’s a Radiohead? – 2007
- Dead Air Space: Thom on The Big Ask Campaign – 2006
- ‘No Star Wars’ t-shirts at CND – 2004
- MORE EURO SHOWS TIX – 2003
- JJJ: RADIOHEAD LIVE FROM GLASTONBURY – 2003
- Radiohead fans: sick freaks? – 2002
- Thom Yorke: Let Ralph Debate – 2000