From USA Today: “The perks of fame: The members of Switchfoot have now had occasion to meet several of their idols, including U2′s Bono, whom Jon consulted about data.com, a Web site promoting awareness of African debt aid and trade. While recording Letdown, Jon and his bandmates also bumped into Radiohead — almost literally. “We went into what we thought was our studio, and Thom Yorke and the rest of the guys were there. I thought, ‘This is so great: Radiohead is in our studio, hanging out.’ In reality, they were tracking their own record. So I walk in, introduce myself, say ‘What’s going on?’ They’re obviously completely taken aback by this kid barging in and asking questions. I walked further in, and finally Thom Yorke comes up to me and says, ‘I don’t mean to be an idiot, but if you could please leave? It’s a private studio.’ He was very kind about it, though.”"
Radiohead news on this day..
- Listen to Atoms For Peace – Judge Jury and Executioner – 2013
- The 1986 Radiohead (On A Friday) Demos: ‘Fat Girl’ surfaces – 2012
- Radiohead to play Taiwan in July – 2012
- Colin Greenwood pays tribute to Willie Mitchell – 2010
- Supergroup perform Radiohead songs (videos) – 2009
- Critics’ Choice Award for Jonny Greenwood – 2008
- And even more ‘End-of-the-year’ lists… – 2004
- Moby’s Creep online – 2004
- Christopher O’Riley interview in Denver Post – 2004
- Dance on Radiohead – 2004