According to The Times (January 30th), a little-known independent British music business has beaten the world’s main record companies in securing the rights to thousands of hours of footage of artists, including Radiohead, who have played at the Montreux Jazz Festival.
The festival has agreed to a multimillion-pound offer from Eagle Rock Entertainment, based in London, to market the footage for DVDs and television. Terry Shand, the executive chairman of Eagle Rock, said the company planned to spend “tens of millions of pounds” over the coming decade producing more than 100 DVDs of the concerts that have played at the festival over the past 37 years.
He added that reproductions of the concerts would be be made only when the company had secured agreements from the record companies behind the various artists. [thanks Alex]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Win tickets for ‘There Will Be Blood’ screenings – 2008
- Another post from Thom: Big Ask Campaign Video – 2006
- Bonnaroo 2006 ticket information – 2006
- Radiohead confirmed for Bonnaroo Festival 2006 – 2006
- ‘Where I end and You begin’ remix – 2005
- Vapour Bros. & Rh.com updates – 2005
- Thief Is King of Think-Rock – 2004
- Radiohead on Subterranean (MTV2 UK) – 2004
- Radiohead headlines two festivals in Germany – 2003
- Asian Dub Foundation album featuring Ed O’Brien released – 2003