The Darkness have slammed Radiohead – their main rivals at this year’s Brit Awards – by calling them boring. Guitarist Dan Hawkins told Netzeitung that Radiohead couldn’t hold up to the stage antics of his brother Justin.
He said: “Most of these modern bands are so unbearably serious they leave me cold. Radiohead are totally boring. “The world needs a showman like Justin who puts on his monkey outfit and entertains people. I haven’t bought anything by these modern bands in a while. They’re all wet rags.”
Hawkins added: “Bands like Radiohead are great for our business, of course, because there’s been a total Radiohead-isation of the British music scene. Coldplay, Turin Brakes, Starsailor – all of these groups have put together their selection from the Radiohead menu.” [from ananova, thanks Dermot, Espen & Ivan]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Stream: Atoms For Peace – AMOK in full – 2013
- Thom Yorke & Nigel Godrich answer questions on Reddit – 2013
- Radiohead’s The King Of Limbs available now! – 2011
- Premiere: The video of the new Radiohead single: Lotus Flower – 2011
- The King Of Limbs: a review and a preview. File under: Satire – 2011
- Radiohead miss out on BRIT Awards – 2009
- 3 Radiohead albums in Best British Albums poll – 2008
- a parrallel universe – 2007
- Radiohead to play Glastonbury on June 28th? – 2003
- Jonny Greenwood & Bryan Ferry! – 2002