The March 2004 issue of Mojo magazine features the results of the Mojo Readers’ Poll 2003: Artist Of The Year – #2 Radiohead, Album Of The Year – #2 Hail To The Thief, Hero Of The Year – #6 Thom Yorke, Event Of The Year – #1 Glastonbury 2003 (Radiohead headlined on the second day), #8 the Radiohead ‘Hail To The Thief’ tour, Mojo Magazine Cover Of The Year – #4 Mojo Issue 117 – Radiohead.
The April 2004 issue of Q magazine lists The 50 Best Music Videos Ever. Radiohead’s video for ‘Street Spirit (Fade Out)’ was placed at #26:
“Plot: Taking the band out to the Californian desert, director Jonathan Glazer used a photosonics ultra-slow-motion camera for some woozy trickery. So, Jonny jumps into a caravan watched by the others in real time. Thom jumps slowly over a stick that another Thom is speedily waving above the ground. Gorgeous and genuinely perplexing.
“Behind the scenes: Thom’s backwards jump off the trailer roof was onto a craftily edited-out safety mattress.”
The ‘Street Spirit (Fade Out)’ video is available on the recently-released ’7 Television Commercials’ DVD. [thanks Mark]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead Live in Austin – Live Report – 2012
- More Radiohead tickets for Australian shows to be released – 2012
- Radiohead’s The King Of Limbs: Last.FM Chart Domination – 2011
- Thom on Dead Air Space: Tibet March – 2009
- Radiohead to headline Chicago’s Lollapolooza – 2008
- Chris Potter Band plays Morning Bell – 2005
- Jamie Cullum’s live version of ‘High and Dry’ released – 2004