The Star Tribune reports: The Minnesota Orchestra’s Sommerfest, in its second year under artistic director Andrew Litton, will feature some new forms and formats. Appearing this year, Litton said, are a bunch of “old friends,” among them pianists Andre Watts and Christopher O’Riley. The festival’s 25th edition will start with another 24-hour “Day of Music” at Orchestra Hall on July 9.
One of Litton’s unconventional programming plans is a late-night event — 11 p.m. on July 16 — during which O’Riley will play his transcriptions of works by the rock band Radiohead, selections from a widely discussed CD that he released last year. Earlier that evening, in the regular concert, O’Riley will join the orchestra in a performance of Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No. 1.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Thom Yorke reaches out to Radiohead fans in Japan – 2011
- Radiohead return to Mansfield Tweeter Center – 2008
- Eliza Lumley’s ‘She Talks in Maths’ out now – 2007
- Thom’s mental note – 2007
- Radiohead reveal ‘terrifying’ new album – 2006
- Observer reviews Ether Festival – 2005
- Madonna mentions Radiohead – 2003
- Leaked tracks discussion on BBC 3 – 2003
- Confirmed: Radiohead to play Summersonic Festival – 2003
- Time Out NY: Radiohead headline Long Island Festival on June 7th – 2003