For those in Korea who want to see the Merce Cunningham ballet piece ‘Split Sides’, with music by Radiohead and Sigur Ros, can see it live at the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts in Seoul from Thursday through Saturday.
Radiohead’s half of the piece, created by Jonny Greenwood’s keyboards and Thom Yorke’s looped vocals, will be presented as a recording. Sigur Ros will make the trip to Seoul with Cunningham to perform their half of ‘Split Sides’ live.
Merce Cunningham Dance Company: 6 p.m. on Thursday and Saturday, 8 p.m. on Friday, Sejong Center for the Performing Arts, near Kwanghwamun Station on subway line 4. Tickets: 40,000 won to 120,000 won. Info: (02) 537-0300 or www.i-fine.co.kr
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in San Jose – Live Report – 2012
- Thom Yorke responds to fan mail – 2011
- Com Lag (2Plus2IsFive) EP set for re-release – 2007
- Noel Gallagher: Radiohead more important than Oasis – 2006
- Battle of the 90′s drummers – 2005
- Creep story on 6Music – 2004
- Radiohead’s Musical Journey on Triple J – 2004
- Glastonbury ‘reserve’ tickets snapped up – 2003
- Radiohead on ‘Later…’ – 2003
- BBC Documentary press release – 2003