In today’s Guardian the Futureheads are interviewed: So this is what it’s like to feel old: sitting in a London pub listening to two young musicians recall such rites of passage as buying Blur and Oasis singles at the height of 1995′s chart war; playing Cigarettes and Alcohol at school concerts; having their worlds turned upside down by Thom Yorke and his friends. “Radiohead changed my life totally when I was a kid,” one of them says. “When I bought OK Computer, I thought I was so cool. I felt like I was suddenly a student, and Oasis was secondary-school music.” The over-30s might associate Paranoid Android and Subterranean Homesick Alien with the recent-ish past; for these people, living the high-velocity lives of early-twentysomethings, they are songs bound up with the dim and distant experiences of adolescence.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead Live in Indianapolis [live report] – 2008
- Ateaseweb.com site reviews (update) – 2007
- The Drunkk Machine leaked – 2006
- ‘Help’ album gets digital reissue – 2004
- ‘Creep’ 10th greatest anthem – 2004
- RADIOHEAD IN OSAKA, JAPAN – 2003
- RADIOHEAD ON MTV – 2003
- Pictures from Lisbon – 2002