In an interview, published in today’s Sun newspaper, Coldplay’s Chris Martin talks about a terrifying plane landing. Martin was on his way to Ghana with Oxfam to publicise fair trade issues, was coming into Tamale Airport when disaster struck. “I couldn’t see the ground and as it turns out, nor could the pilot. I found out we were about 200 metres up. The plane dropped off violently to the right then way over to the left it. It was lurching all over.
There is a Radiohead song called ‘Airbag’ which says that every time you get out of a car you should celebrate that you are alive. I felt that getting off the plane. But it fired me up for the trip. I thought, ‘I’m going to learn as much as I can and meet as many people as possible.’”
Radiohead news on this day..
- ‘Jonny Greenwood Teaches Fans Some Class’ – 2008
- Jonny Greenwood nominated for BAFTA – 2008
- Radiohead play first gig at 93 Feet East – 2008
- Thom Yorke nominated for Brit Award – 2007
- Full band version of Follow Me Around on Q’s playlist – 2004
- In Brief – 2002