Australian drum and bass DJ (the internationally acclaimed) Phil K was interviewed last week, in which he spoke about a bootleg version of Remyxomatosis he tried to get included on his new Y4K remix compilation.
“Andy Page and I did an edit of Radiohead’s Remyxomatosis [Christian Vogel Mix] off a Japanese remixes collection that I bought [Com Lag],” Phil admitted. “We were trying to be a bit naughty when we were getting it cleared and not mention that it was an edit and had mad drumbeats and stuff. In the end it was going to be really, really, really expensive, so it didn’t end up happening. It was a bit of a shame, but you know – the weirdish electro German house tech stuff I wanted came through!”
It appears that this edit is called Remyxomatosis [Hi-Fi Bugs Edit] and apparently has made appearances in Phil K’s DJ sets. The article featuring Phil K will feature from Thursday on www.onion.com.au. [thanks Scott]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Photos: Thom Yorke DJs in Los Angeles – 2011
- Radiohead Anonymous – Fan tells all – 2011
- Thom Yorke DJs at Los Angeles Club – 2011
- Thom Yorke remixes DOOM – 2009
- Radiohead to play free radio gig – 2008
- Radiohead confirmed for Hungarian Sziget Festival – 2006
- What does the guy say at the end of THIS Just video? – 2006
- More Bodysong reviews – 2004
- Cathing up: The News – 2002