Jack Johnson was interviewed at RollingStone.com and was asked the following question: If you were forced to get baked and listen to an album: What kind of weed? What album?
Let’s see. The weed doesn’t really matter — I’ve never been a weed aficionado. It’s either there or it isn’t. It’s tough just picking one album. Radiohead is pretty amazing to check out. Kid A might put you in a funny mood, but that’s definitely one to put some headphones on and listen to all the crazy layers. But some of those songs can be really dark, so I’d follow that up with some early Bob Marley stuff, like African Herbsman, to get you back into a good state of mind.
A while ago Jack Johnson said that Radiohead’s ‘The National Anthem’ was on his mix tape when asked by VH1:
The first time I saw them live was at the Santa Barbara Bowl, and they opened with this one. By the end of the song I was about 30 to 40 yards closer to the stage then I was at the beginning. I had that weird feeling of being a teenager again, where you’re just completely sucked into a rock show. You’ll hear some pop stars say “I really appreciate so-and-so ’cause they reinvent themselves so well,” but that’s a little bit bullsh*t to me. To reinvent yourself ’cause that’s what you’re supposed to do to stay relevant is a strange concept. With Radiohead, they’re reinventing music. It’s totally innovative.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live at Coachella (Weekend 2) – Live Report – 2012
- Radiohead At Ease: Weird & Fishy – 2008
- Radiohead return to Conan O’Brien – 2008
- Radiohead nominated for Ivor Novello Award – 2008
- Greenwood & Yorke News In Brief – 2007
- Three albums in Hot Press greatest albums ever – 2006
- 14 Things that Disturb and Alienate Thom Yorke – 2004
- Canadian Com Lag on May 4th – 2004
- Denver Post mentions Red Rocks gig – 2003