As reported earlier, Radiohead have declined the invitation to play at the second edition of Live Aid (Live 8 – July 2nd). BBC‘s Jo Whiley spoke to U2′s Bone before their gig in Belgium – Bono said he hoped Thom Yorke would change his mind.
Bono: “It’s very difficult for people, they can do whatever they want as far as I am concerned. They are that great, they’re that special to me. If they don’t want to do this, then fair play to them. I would love to see them, Thom if you heard this, I’ve a little missile on the way.”
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in Camden – Live Report – 2012
- Billy Corgan: I’ll Piss On Pompous Radiohead – 2012
- Gene Simmons (KISS): Radiohead are boring – 2008
- Bonnaroo ’06: House of Cards video – 2008
- Ed on LP7: ‘WE ARE NEARLY THERE’ – 2007
- Radiohead in New York – Night 1 Live Report – 2006
- Ateaseweb.com poll: Thom Yorke & The Big Ask – 2006
- Access Magazine interview and more reviews – 2003
- Join in the Radiohead thief hunt – 2003
- Toronto gig confirmed – 2003