Radiohead was featured in the July 2005 issue of Alternative Press (AP – Issue #204), in which an AP staff member (Randee Dawn) shares the experiences he had with the band nearly a decade ago.
AP magazine claims to be one of the first American magazines to feature Radiohead on the front cover. He joined the band on the road for 5 days, and even taught Thom a thing or two at a bar after their show at the Black Cat (Washington, DC) on ‘how to take tequila shots properly’ – “Lick, shoot, suck”.
The band loved his piece so much that they gave him a Gold Record of The Bends with his name engraved on it ‘for a job well done’. [thanks Lina]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Oasis not even thinking of ‘doing a Radiohead’ – 2008
- Gnarls Barkley cover ‘Reckoner’ – 2008
- Stanley Donwood on the ‘Photogravure’ technique – 2007
- Josh Wink remix of Everything In Its Right Place – 2006
- Thom Yorke in Voir: Un homme et son PC – 2006
- A Scanner Darkly – advance screening – 2006
- The Guardian reviews The Eraser – 2006
- New album recordings next year – 2004
- Ben Kweller: Kid A is overrated – 2004
- Q: OK Composer – 2004