In the new issue of Blender, actor Cillian Murphy picked Kid A as “The Record that will outlast us all”
“I was listening to this a lot while I was shooting a movie called How Harry Became a Tree. So it reminds me of that experience, but really I think Kid A will be thought of as a seminal record in the future because now everybody’s doing bleeps and weird stuff and deconstructing it all. This immediately created a mood and there’s not a weak track here. It’s a concept album, I think. You never know what Thom Yorke is saying, but you want to sing along anyway.” [thanks Alex]
And then there’s Audioslave’s Chris Cornell in Rolling Stone on what recent song he wishes he had written?
Chris Cornell: “The last was maybe “Karma Police,” from Radiohead. There’s something so simple about it.”
Kieren Hebden (aka Four Tet) was asked in OOR magazine [Netherlands] on his Radiohead support shows:
“I’m a big fan for a long time now. If you look closely, you’ll see me in the Creep video. It was a great experience (opening for Radiohead) that has opened many doors for me. And it was good to see so many Radiohead fans dance to my music”.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Jonny Greenwood contributes to new Bryan Ferry album – 2010
- Thom Yorke on ‘All For The Best’ – 2009
- Aniboom Animation Contest Finalists are up! – 2008
- Yorke, Greenwood & Godrich: Cymbal Rush – 2006
- ‘Creep’ on PS2 game soundtrack? – 2004
- Thom Yorke interview at K-Rock – 2003
- Atlanta & Los Angeles ticket pre-sales – 2003
- Reviews – 2003