Radiohead are set to headline this years V Festival it has been revealed to Gigwise by a source close to the event in Chelmsford and Stafford.
There has been no official announcement that Radiohead are playing as of yet, however the source said that the band have definitely been booked. V Festival will take place over the weekend of August 19/20 this year.
Ateaseweb.com reported an earlier announcement of Radiohead’s appearance at the V Festival. Just as last time, offical sources did not confirm the headlining spot. Channel 4′s teletext says that Radiohead have confirmed they’ve been offered a headlining slot at V festival- but have denied they’re definitely playing the event.
The bands PR said “They’ve been approached, however, this is just one of a number of offers the band have had for summer events, they haven’t decided anything for any of them”.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Rough Trade instore moved at last minute – 2008
- Radiohead play instore performance tonight – 2008
- Korn to release ‘Creep’ on unplugged album – 2007
- Underground Online on Radiohead.com – 2005
- Acoustic Radiohead session on 3FM – 2004