This quote from Britain’s Maxim magazine was a bit of a surprise. Turns out Noel Gallagher thinks Radiohead are now more important than Oasis.
The Oasis guitarist has conceded the albums released by Radiohead have surpassed anything his group have released. Noel also believes Coldplay could yet match the achievements of him and brother Liam.
Noel Gallagher said: “I think I could have said, without any argument, till the year 2000 Oasis were the most important British band since The Beatles. But I think Radiohead have been important and I think Coldplay may yet turn out to be important but not so much now.”
The acclaimed songwriter, and self-confessed Beatles obsessive, insists the best band since the Fab Four are legendary punk group the Sex Pistols.
He added to Britain’s Maxim magazine: “The most important band since The Beatles, really, was the Sex Pistols. Oasis are the most important band since the Pistols!” [via Oa515]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in San Jose – Live Report – 2012
- Thom Yorke responds to fan mail – 2011
- Com Lag (2Plus2IsFive) EP set for re-release – 2007
- Battle of the 90′s drummers – 2005
- Creep story on 6Music – 2004
- ‘Split Sides’ in Korea – 2004
- Radiohead’s Musical Journey on Triple J – 2004
- Glastonbury ‘reserve’ tickets snapped up – 2003
- Radiohead on ‘Later…’ – 2003
- BBC Documentary press release – 2003