Pitchfork has posted a video (live in Copenhagen) and a review of the new full band Arpeggi.
The new version is pure Radiohead forward-jangle, from the dire, watery themes– which recall “Pyramid Song” and “In Limbo”, among others– to Ed O’Brien’s back-up vocals, which once again prove to be the band’s most consistent secret weapon. A far crackle from the electro-shock riffage of yore, “Arpeggi” relies on a rumbling subtlety to build. Just as the song seems to be heading full-tilt toward a triumphant skinny-spastic Greenwood solo, it disperses into an extended outro with Yorke longing for “escape.” Thankfully, there is none.
PowPowPow.com posted a review of all the new songs we have heard so far.
And in the meantime; Thom posted a link to The Eraser on Dead Air Space just now.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Official video: Modeselektor & Thom Yorke: This – 2012
- Radiohead: Live in Bristow [live report] – 2008
- Apologies from Phil – 2006
- Thom Yorke’s track for A Scanner Darkly – 2006
- A SMALL ANNOUNCEMENT – 2005
- Vote for Radiohead’s ‘Creep’ at the BBC Radio 2 – 2005
- More North American tour dates rumours – 2003