Thom posted this on Dead Air Space today:
this’ll make you laugh.
i was told yesterday that one of the daughters of the president came to NY show 2.
we were playing THe Tourist at the end of the show.. and yyes we did wander what the shuffling manhandling fighting was in the distance of the audience.
turns out it was her 6 bodyguards clearing the way for the first daughters exit. and some pour soul objected at being manhandled by the secret service. i think i would have to.
infact if i had known all this my objections would have been more forthright and extensive…if you know what i mean. which is perhaps why our lot chose not to tell me who was in the building before we went on. probably a good idea.
i dont know if we should be
D. ask if she had a valid ticket
E. object belatedly on moral grounds
F. ask again if she had a ticket and question whether this really what our gigs are about
G. dont blame the daughter for the father
H. shutup and smile
answers on a postcard
bonaroo today woo hoo
Since postcards are so 1985, here’s a poll.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Flaming Lips play Knives Out in Toronto, dedicated to the Radiohead family – 2012
- Radiohead drum tech Scott Johnson dies at Toronto Stage Collapse – 2012
- Radiohead’s Paranoid Android as covered by 35 YouTubers – 2011
- Weezer want to play ‘Creep’ with fans – 2008
- Radiohead: Live in Milan – Night 1 [live report] – 2008
- Nigel Godrich on recording Nude: The Timeline – 2008
- Radiohead live at Bonnaroo ’06 – Live Report – 2006
- MTV2 broadcasts Shepherds Bush show – 2004
- ‘Hail to the Thief’ straight to number 1 – 2003
- Radiohead back in Portugal? – 2003