From Dead Air Space:
global warming is an anti capitalist conspiracy?
for people who prefer pseudo proof rather than the chilling reality of science,
for people who prefer the fantasy of conspiracies to watching the ice melting and feel the seas getting warmer
for people who would much rather find someone to blame
rise and shine
“Why do I bother with these morons? Because they are destroying the movements which some of us have spent a long time trying to build. Those of us who believe that the crucial global issues – climate change, the Iraq war, nuclear proliferation, inequality – are insufficiently debated in parliament or congress; that corporate power stands too heavily on democracy; that war criminals, cheats and liars are not being held to account, have invested our efforts in movements outside the mainstream political process. These, we are now discovering, are peculiarly susceptible to this epidemic of gibberish.
The obvious corollorary to the belief that the Bush administration is all-powerful is that the rest of us are completely powerless. In fact it seems to me that the purpose of the “9/11 truth movement” is to be powerless. The omnipotence of the Bush regime is the coward’s fantasy, an excuse for inaction used by those who don’t have the stomach to engage in real political fights.”
Radiohead news on this day..
- 20 Years Ago Today: Radiohead release Pablo Honey – 2013
- Atoms For Peace announce first live shows – 2013
- The King Of Limbs gets remixed, mashed-up with Jay-Z, and covered. Already. – 2011
- Stanley Donwood discusses the artwork for The King Of Limbs – 2011
- Jonny Greenwood looking for Arab music on Spotify – 2009
- Radiohead to play Golden Gate Park Festival? – 2008
- Arpeggi… yes Colin? – 2006
- Phantom Planet’s ‘Paranoid Android’ released – 2005
- Stephen Fry praises Thom Yorke – 2004
- Radiohead in ‘New Statesman’ article – 2004