A message from Thom on Dead Air Space regarding Friends Of The Earth and a bit of an update on the band’s progress on LP7.
this is for uk peeps only im afraid.the british government is drawing up a climate change law..committing us to reducing our co2 emmissions.this is something i am helping friends of the earth uk campaign for.(as well as working long hours with radiohead on these songs we’ve got which you may know about.)if you got involved as well then thank you.. on behalf of us all…(it is amazing what letters still can do.)anywayas is always the way..the bill at the moment is not quite what it should be, to say the leastas they seem to have forgotten about planes and ships..amongst other things.there is a lot of column inches and internet space and conversation taking place about all this as you know on the subject of climate change.and it all runs the risk of reaching saturation point. except that it is potentially the most terrifying problem the human world has ever had to face..doing our bit.. flying less, etc etc (all those column inches) will not really have any effect unless the uk as a whole decides without excuses and backtracking that we want to really do something..unless all of us accepts a law that we all must adhere to…that has the desired effect rather than creating an illusion..so if you can be arsed you can take part in saying what you think the bill should containthis is a public consultation, as the government calls it(except when it’s about nuclear power..)there is a page on the FOE website at the moment where you can do thisHERE!radiohead starts up again having finally caught up on some sleep next weeki have a cd of what we;’ve been up to…and you haven’t.yet.(sorry)i must listen to it, after taking an ear breakthat always makes me nervoushope you’re wellyoursThom
Radiohead news on this day..
- Thom Yorke & Nigel Godrich talk to Rolling Stone on Atoms For Peace, Radiohead & DJ Culture – 2013
- Thomas Dolby remixes Radiohead’s ‘Nude’ – 2008
- Radiohead to play Pukkelpop Festival? – 2006
- Radiohead exclusive good for indies – 2005
- Jonny Greenwood interview on Radio 4 – 2005
- Radiohead interview in ‘The Age’ – 2004
- Radiohead in Sydney, ‘Let down’ soundchecked – 2004
- Thom interview on Triple J – 2004
- Colin: Hail To The Thief will have digital -high quality- artwork – 2003
- Dutch shows rumoured – 2003