Stanley Donwood’s exhibition ‘If You Lived Here You’d Be Home By Now’ at the Lazarides Gallery in London’s Soho ends on July 14th. So if you haven’t already, check it out.
Creative Review interviewed Stanley on all the techniques he uses for his art. How he employed a century-old engraving technique – ”photogravure” – to create a series of darkly compelling etchings: “It’s pretty time-consuming, but not really very difficult. It’s quite a specialised operation, compared to making a linocut, for example. I started by getting some books from the library, reading them and figuring out what I needed”. [Full interview and more images from the exhibition]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Oasis not even thinking of ‘doing a Radiohead’ – 2008
- Gnarls Barkley cover ‘Reckoner’ – 2008
- Josh Wink remix of Everything In Its Right Place – 2006
- Thom Yorke in Voir: Un homme et son PC – 2006
- A Scanner Darkly – advance screening – 2006
- The Guardian reviews The Eraser – 2006
- Taking tequila shots is easy – 2005
- New album recordings next year – 2004
- Ben Kweller: Kid A is overrated – 2004
- Q: OK Composer – 2004