As expected, Radiohead has completed a deal with ATO Records Group for the U.S. release of its new album, “In Rainbows.” The album, to be released on the band’s own TBD Records imprint, will arrive January 2, two days after being issued in the United Kindgdom by XL Recordings.
In recent weeks, ATO quickly emerged as the front-runner and most attractive U.S. home for Radiohead, who recorded for EMI until 2005. Among the draws was the presence of Phil Costello, Capitol’s former senior VP of promotion and marketing, who is now at ATO.
And although no official relationship with the band was announced beforehand, ATO has been working the Radiohead tracks “Bodysnatchers” and “Jigsaw Falling Into Place” to U.S. radio for the past couple of weeks.
As for the meaning of TBD Records, a spokesperson says, “we ran into trouble in trying to clear all previously discussed potential label names.” [from Billboard]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in Sydney – Live Report – 2012
- Jonny Greenwood: We’re finishing new album, huge tour to follow [updated] – 2010
- The official ‘In Rainbows’ cover – 2007
- Thom Yorke nominated for Plug Awards – 2006
- Radiohead gig on 6Music – 2004
- IN BRIEF – 2003
- WINTER WONDERLAND ONLINE AT VAPOUR BROTHERS – 2003
- RADIOHEAD FEATURE IN TIME OUT – 2003
- BODYSONG N-A RELEASE: FEBRUARY 24TH – 2003
- RADIOHEAD TO RUN BBC 6 MUSIC FOR A WEEK – 2003