As reported earlier, Thom Yorke’s performance for ‘From The Basement’ will be aired on television for the first time. SkyArts will broadcast four songs on Saturday December 8.
The first episode aired last week and tomorrow night, the second episode will feature Nigel Godrich’s (“I’m a sad fan trying to bring the magic back to music TV.”) production with The Envelopes, Albert Hammond Jr. and Thom Yorke.
On the recordings Thom said: “From The Basement was exciting because it came from the desire to cut out the crap that lies between the music and the viewer. To get plugged straight into the mains. No producer director egos messing it up. The highlight for me was listening to Kieren and Steve Reid jamming as the tape started rolling.”
Thom will play the new Radiohead songs Videotape, Down Is The New Up and Last Flowers. The Eraser track ‘Analyse’ will be broadcast as well. Show starts at 9pm UK time. You can already check two videos at the From The Basement YouTube channel.
Sky Arts can be viewed every Saturday at 9PM on Sky Arts (Channel 267/Sky HD 268).
Radiohead news on this day..
- Thom Yorke DJs for Occupy protesters in London – 2011
- German fans cheapest, Italians most generous – 2007
- Radiohead in talks with iTunes for ‘In Rainbows’ – 2007
- Manic Street Preachers: Radiohead Ruining Music – 2007
- The Eraser nominated for Grammy Award – 2006
- Strung Out on Kid A – 2004
- Bodysong reviews in Japan Times & Sunday Times – 2003