Jonny Greenwood won an award at the Critics’ Choice Awards in the ‘Best Composer’ category for the soundtrack of ‘There Will Be Blood’.
The award is not the first one for Jonny Greenwood’s score of the Paul Thomas Anderson film. There are already many nominations and the score is a good contender for the Academy Awards. Jonny did not attend the Los Angeles award ceremony. The award’s presenters, Feist and Snoop Dogg accepted the award on his behalf.
Also at the awards Frames’ Glenn Hansard and Marketa Irglova beat Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder for the Best Song award.
‘There Will Be Blood’, starring Daniel Day Lewis, is scheduled to open in British cinemas soon and has already picked up 13 BAFTA nominations. The film has also been tipped for Oscar success.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Listen to Atoms For Peace – Judge Jury and Executioner – 2013
- The 1986 Radiohead (On A Friday) Demos: ‘Fat Girl’ surfaces – 2012
- Radiohead to play Taiwan in July – 2012
- Colin Greenwood pays tribute to Willie Mitchell – 2010
- Supergroup perform Radiohead songs (videos) – 2009
- And even more ‘End-of-the-year’ lists… – 2004
- Moby’s Creep online – 2004
- Bumping into Radiohead – 2004
- Christopher O’Riley interview in Denver Post – 2004
- Dance on Radiohead – 2004