More on Radiohead and festivals. After yesterday’s publication of the headlining shows at the New Jersey’s All Points West Festival, Radiohead are likely to perform at the Golden Park Festival on the other US coast.
An industry source confirmed the headliners for what will be called the “Outside Lands Festival” in Golden Gate Park to SF Weekly. The festival slated for August 22-24 will have Radiohead, Tom Petty, and Jack Johnson as headliners for the San Francisco event. SF Weekly: The order of headliners each night is still unknown. Tickets are not on sale yet. The source, who operates outside the festival organization and who requested anonymity, says the massive four-stage, 160,000-person inaugural Festival represents a huge coup for local promoting powerhouse Another Planet Entertainment (in conjunction with Superfly), as well as a major boost to San Francisco’s festival profile. Outside Lands will come just weeks before the highly esteemed Treasure Island Music Festival.”
In the meantime, dates for the Los Angeles shows are rumoured for August 24 and 25. [thx Sean & Tyler]
Radiohead news on this day..
- 20 Years Ago Today: Radiohead release Pablo Honey – 2013
- Atoms For Peace announce first live shows – 2013
- The King Of Limbs gets remixed, mashed-up with Jay-Z, and covered. Already. – 2011
- Stanley Donwood discusses the artwork for The King Of Limbs – 2011
- Jonny Greenwood looking for Arab music on Spotify – 2009
- global warming is an anti capitalist conspiracy? – 2007
- Arpeggi… yes Colin? – 2006
- Phantom Planet’s ‘Paranoid Android’ released – 2005
- Stephen Fry praises Thom Yorke – 2004
- Radiohead in ‘New Statesman’ article – 2004