The recently revealed double headline bill of Radiohead at All Points West (August 8 & 9), turns out to be Radiohead’s only appearance in the New York City area, Pitchfork reports.
All Points West, the East Coast version of Coachella, will have Radiohead headlining the first two nights: August 8 and August 9. Jack Johnson will headline the third night (August 10). Other acts slated to perform at Liberty State Park include Animal Collective, Cat Power, the New Pornographers, Girl Talk, the Roots, Underworld, the Go! Team, Metric, CSS, Andrew Bird, Black Kids, Chromeo, Amadou & Mariam, Rogue Wave and Mates of State
Pitchfork spoke to festival organizer Paul Tollett of Goldenvoice, who said All Points West is not Coachella East: “It’s a lot smaller.” Tollett estimates that the festival’s capacity will be “about half” of that of American behemoths like Coachella, Bonnaroo, and Lollapalooza, meaning that they will cap attendance at around 30 or 40 thousand people. There will only be three stages and about 40 bands, as opposed to the 100+ that swarm Coachella. This will allow bands to play longer sets than usual.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Thom Yorke: ‘If I can’t enjoy this now, when do I start?’ – 2013
- Ranked: Radiohead Albums from Worst to Best – 2011
- Looking for Thom Yorke in Texas… – 2007
- Radiohead to tour with Beck? – 2006
- More pictures from Colin on Dead Air Space: last day – 2006
- Radiohead.com down (which is the new up, btw) – 2005
- Iraq Coalition plays Creep! – 2004
- Rock Werchter date changed! – 2003
- Glastonbury & release date confirmed! – 2003