The College of Charleston School of the Arts will be presenting the work of music students Andrew Walker and Lee Marchbanks in their original arrangements for classical ensembles of the music of Radiohead.
Andrew Walker and Lee Marchbanks, under the guidance of Dr. Julia Harlow from the School of the Arts, transcribed and arranged thirteen songs from various Radiohead albums for this performance. Both Walker and Marchbanks are currently Music Theory/Composition majors at the College of Charleston and plan to further their knowledge of music and the many avenues it holds.
The performance will feature a grand piano, an electric piano, two cellos, a violin, a double bass, a flute, a choir, and two percussionists.
The evening, benefiting Charleston Breast Center, will be held at the Sottile Theatre on 44 George St. on Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 8p.m. Tickets will be available for $5 at the door the evening of the event as well as before the event beginning on Thursday, March 13th, at the College of Charleston’s Simmons Center for the Performing Arts on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am to 12pm and 1:30pm to 4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They will also be for sale off campus beginning same day, at 52.5 Records at 561 King Street, Blue Bicycle Books at 420 King and Kudu Coffee at 4 Vanderhorst Street. More info over at Facebook. [thx Alex]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead at Austin City Limits – Live Report – 2012
- Radiohead to play Amsterdam, Antwerp, London and Manchester in October – 2012
- Listen: Radiohead perform The Amazing Sounds Of Orgy & Skirting On The Surface – 2012
- Miley Cyrus upset with Radiohead too – 2009
- Sarah Slean covers ‘Climbing up the walls’ – 2005
- At Ease Radiohead tribute – 2004
- Radiohead #2 in Spin Top 40 – 2003
- Radiohead announce live date – 2000