Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails are expected to headline the fourth incarnation of Lollapalooza in Chicago’s Grant Park from August 1-3.
Greg Kot reports for the Chicago Tribune that promoters won’t make the lineup official for a few more weeks, but industry sources have confirmed that Radiohead has been booked as the centerpiece of the festival. The British quintet still raves about the experience they had in 2001 when they headlined a rare outdoor show at Hutchinson Field, on the South end of Grant Park. The band is expected to perform at the same location this year.
At least one other major headliner and about 100 more artists and bands are expected to be announced for the three-day festival next month.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead Live in Austin – Live Report – 2012
- More Radiohead tickets for Australian shows to be released – 2012
- Radiohead’s The King Of Limbs: Last.FM Chart Domination – 2011
- Thom on Dead Air Space: Tibet March – 2009
- Chris Potter Band plays Morning Bell – 2005
- Jamie Cullum’s live version of ‘High and Dry’ released – 2004
- Radiohead in Mojo Readers Poll results – 2004