A four hour Radiohead remix has been created by James Rutledge. Only one copy is available and it’s up for a charity auction.
AngryApe unveils full details on the 240 minute version of ‘Videotape’, which is the closing moment on the Radiohead’s latest album ‘In Rainbows’. Only one copy of the remix has been made and will be available on VHS, housed in a case with a specially made sleeve, as you can see in the photos. This one-off rarity will then be auctioned off for the UK charity Missing People Charity (formerly National Missing Persons Helpline).
James says of the project, “Is it a comment on the state of the music industry, or music PR? Fan boy tribute? Ambient epic? Inspiring idea? Bad joke? Deranged waste of time? You
decide. Well. You can’t. Because you can’t really hear it. Or watch it. For the time being, there are no promo copies or blog mp3s available. The whole plan is that it isn’t widely available. Does it even exist?”
Apparently the visual on the tape are “slowly mutating hallucinatory red, blue and green disintegrating visuals. Playing like something has possessed your VCR.”
Radiohead news on this day..
- Atoms For Peace announce American and Japanese tour dates – 2013
- Radiohead 2012 World Tour: Leg 1 breakdown – 2012
- ‘Popcorn Superhet Receiver’ in New Haven – 2009
- Another shot from the studio – 2007
- Warner confirms: Radiohead scores ‘A Scanner Darkly’ – 2006
- Flaming Lips on Radiohead – 2005
- Trade Justice Movement Rally – 2005
- Radiohead in NME & OOR – 2004
- John Mayer on his ‘Kid A’ cover – 2004
- Radiohead on compilation DVD/CD – 2004