Radiohead have made plans to start recording on new material soon, Colin Greenwood revealed in an interview with Pitchfork.
Colin: “We’re actually gonna be working with Nigel again soon– we’ve reserved time and we’ve got stuff we want to do. It’s like having and old-school executive producer that’s talking about the bigger picture and booking time to be creative. (…) It would be really nice to be able to put out releases that wouldn’t be conditional upon an album format, and just put out music in different ways.”
When Pitchfork asked if they would consider a different producer, Colin answered: “It depends what we’re doing. The thing about working with Nigel is that he’s brilliant with psychology. What really struck me about him during the last sessions was he’s got that ability to be generous and patient when he’s making a record and then he can be objective as well. To have the ability to be utterly supporting in the studio and then make a call later is a real skill.”
Radiohead will announce details of the second leg of its North American tour on Monday. It’s not certain if the band will play new songs on the upcoming tour. Colin just doesn’t know yet. “Thom came in with a list of 70 songs we’re rehearsing for the tour and it’s like, fucking hell! So it’s been real difficult to remember stuff. We should’ve gone onto YouTube to remind us how to play the songs.”
Read the full interview over at Pitchfork.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead’s The Universal Sigh, here’s what’s inside [download] – 2011
- Thom Yorke & Stanley Donwood handing out The Universal Sigh in London – 2011
- Radiohead to release 2-track vinyl on Record Store Day – 2011
- Radiohead rumoured to play at Zodiac re-opening – 2007
- Thom & Stanley: Question for the minister – 2006
- Arpeggi & Where Bluebirds Fly already online – 2005
- Ed: four weeks in the studio – 2005
- From Rameau to Radiohead with Chris O’Riley – 2004
- Salt Lake City Date? – 2003
- XFM: Two versions of ‘There There’ – 2003