When Radiohead offered fans the chance to remix the latest single ‘Nude’, the band probably didn’t expect Thomas Dolby to be one of them.
Musician Thomas Dolby found a banner at the iTunes store for the Radiohead remix contest. He wrote on his blog: “I love their album and especially ‘Nude’ so I was intrigued, and I downloaded the guitar stem and opened it in Logic 8. Now, each of the stems starts from 00:00 so it took a while before the guitar started to play. While waiting for it I just listened to the lapping of the waves on the shore, and the cry of some seagulls fighting over a crab shell. By the time the beautiful plaintive guitar part came in I was completely mesmerised. It left such a vivid impression on me that this became the basis for a remix, and I recorded a sample of the waves and seagulls and included it in the track. I downloaded the rest of the stems, and after two straight nights with no sleep, the mix is finally finished, and I’ve just posted it on www.radioheadremix.com.”
Radiohead news on this day..
- Thom Yorke & Nigel Godrich talk to Rolling Stone on Atoms For Peace, Radiohead & DJ Culture – 2013
- Friends Of The Earth & minor Radiohead update – 2007
- Radiohead to play Pukkelpop Festival? – 2006
- Radiohead exclusive good for indies – 2005
- Jonny Greenwood interview on Radio 4 – 2005
- Radiohead interview in ‘The Age’ – 2004
- Radiohead in Sydney, ‘Let down’ soundchecked – 2004
- Thom interview on Triple J – 2004
- Colin: Hail To The Thief will have digital -high quality- artwork – 2003
- Dutch shows rumoured – 2003