Since Radiohead are nominated for five awards at the upcoming Grammy Awards, rumours of the band performing at the Awards Ceremony have been growing. But the band have now been confirmed to perform at the ceremony on February 8.
In a press release The Recording Academy confirmed that the band are set to play at the ceremony at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Radiohead are nominated for Album of the Year and have not performed when they were previously nominated for the big prize with ‘OK Computer’ and ‘Kid A’. Three times could be a charm and the band might be anticipating on that. Jonny Greenwood is also nominated for ‘Best Soundtrack’ for his work on ‘There Will Be Blood’. The performance next month marks the band’s first live U.S. television performance since 2000.
In other Grammy related news… As reported earlier, Thom Yorke appeared in a print ad and TV campaign for the upcoming Grammy Awards… but Idolator discovered that some of the song titles have been replaced. Autechre got removed, David Bowie was added, while the Rolling Stones replaced Scott Walker.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Thom Yorke interviews Flying Lotus (video) – 2011
- Thom Yorke on Jonathan Ross show – 2008
- Jonny on Solar Lunar Power Stations – 2007
- Montreux concert broadcast on Chilian TV – 2004
- ’2+2=5′ to be included on Brit Awards CD – 2004
- Radiohead on MTV Netherlands – 2004
- ‘Creep’ in Songs that changed the world list – 2003