Stanley Donwood will be setting up another exhibition. After exhibitions in London, Rotterdam, Tokyo and Amsterdam, you can see the work of Radiohead’s longtime artist up close in Brighton.
Brighton’s Ink_d Gallery & Studio announced Stanley Donwood‘s forthcoming show to run from 20th March – 10th April 2009. The exhibition ‘Printed Papers’ will show a selection of Donwood’s best known limited edition prints from his artwork for Radiohead and Thom Yorke album covers to his more recent ‘London Views’ series of work.
There will also be an exclusive new print release to coincide with the exhibition together with previous rare editions that are highly collectable, no longer available elsewhere and which are only available during the show. The exclusive limited edition print is an introduction to a series of new work called ‘Men in Suits’ that Donwood is working on for 2009. The print titled ‘Pandemonium’ is, in the words of the artist himself, ‘a carnivorous feral goat grazing the bleak cliffs of late-period western free-market capitalism. This motherf**ker wears the suit and tie of a disgraced banker trousering a few hospitals worth of cash’. If that doesn’t entice you to visit the show, nothing will.
More info at the Ink_d website.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in St. Louis – Live Report – 2012
- Japanese release of Thom Yorke remixes – 2008
- ‘All we are saying’ documentary airs on Showtime – 2006
- Thom: Radiohead back to work – 2005
- Radiohead lecture at Oregon State University – 2005
- The songs that saved your life – 2004
- The Section String Quartet to perform OKC live – 2004
- …hold on – 2002
- Thom’s Diary – 2000