Radiohead are working on new material and are planning a tour this Summer as guitarist Ed O’Brien revealed to the BBC.
Ed O’Brien told Newsbeat that Radiohead would be hitting the studio soon. “We are working on new material,” he explained. “We’ll be doing some more recording. It’s business as usual. “We’ve sort of finished the bulk of [In Rainbows] touring,” he added. “We will be doing a little bit of touring in the summer, watch this space!”
O’Brien was speaking at the launch of the Featured Artists’ Coalition (FAC) lobby group in London on Wednesday, on which we reported yesterday.
Joined on FAC’s committee by artists including Blur’s Dave Rowntree, Kate Nash and Billy Bragg, Ed said: “At the moment a lot of rights and revenue streams are being carved up in this new era, and I think it’s really important that we’re in there fighting our corner.
“Radiohead signed very traditional record company contracts, and it was exactly what we wanted to do at the time and there’s no bitterness, but I think there’s an inherent feeling that they’re just a bit old school.”
O’Brien explained that one of FAC’s main aims is to support younger artists coming through: “There are some bigger names here but the whole essence of what we’re trying to do is really largely aimed at, and for the benefit of, the younger musician, the people coming into the music industry for the first time”
Radiohead news on this day..
- Colin Greenwood contributes to One Little Plane album – 2012
- Listen: Radiohead performs Supercollider in Kansas City – 2012
- Airbag/How Am I Driving? EP added to iTunes – 2009
- Thom Yorke posts Glastonbury statement – 2008
- TIME: Rebels without a contract – 2007
- Thom & Jonny’s Big Ask performance on FOE CD – 2007
- Mood music – 2007
- Celebs on Radiohead – 2004
- Specific songwriter info – 2004
- More news on Meltdown Festival – 2000