It was somewhat unexpected and at first the rumours seemed unlikely to be confirmed when Thom Yorke was named to be included for the soundtrack of The Twilight Saga: New Moon. At least it brought the Radiohead frontman good sales and recognition.
Thom Yorke contributed to the soundtrack of the teen blockbuster movie with new track ‘Hearing Damage’. The soundtrack, released on October 16, debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 albums chart and hit number one a week later with 153,000 copies sold. The album also features songs by Grizzly Bear, Lykke Li, the Killers, Death Cab For Cutie, Bon Iver and St. Vincent.
Film.com listed the soundtrack at #10 in their Best Soundtracks of the Year. In sales it was the top selling soundtrack of the year and also number one in digital sales. In the overall album list of 2009 it reached the 4th spot.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Listen: Radiohead Live at Lowlands 1995 – 2012
- ‘In Rainbows’ takes lead in the charts – 2008
- Thom Yorke: ‘In Rainbows’ is our classic album – 2008
- OK Computer to get complete reggae treatment – 2006
- Almost $ 19,000 for Tsunami Aid – 2005
- TMGLMOAT review in NY Times – 2005
- End-of-the-year lists v34.0 – 2004
- Hail To The Thief statistically third best album of 2003 – 2004
- Radiohead laser shows in Seattle – 2002