For many, the drummer is the joker in the group, Phil Selway explains within the ranks of Radiohead, there is not too much light hearted banter but he does see his role as a supporting one for the others to be creative.
In a BBC Radio 4 documentary ‘Beat It: The World of The Modern Drummer‘ you can hear drummers Stewart Copeland, Phil Collins, Clem Burke, Kenny Jones and Phil Selway talk about their role in the band. Is the drummer the joker of the band? Phil Selway laughed: “The joker and Radiohead generally doesn’t really go together”. And if you want to hear some good drummer jokes, have a listen at 15:30 hrs (GMT) on BBC Radio 4 or right now through the BBC iPlayer below.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Americans, don’t forget to vote… – 2012
- Radiohead Live in Auckland – Live Report – 2012
- Radiohead’s Karma Police included on Lil’ Wayne mixtape – 2010
- Thom Yorke releases Barack Obama celebration song – 2008
- Two out of Five downloaders paid for ‘In Rainbows’ – 2007
- Easy All*Stars’ Radiodread UK Tour – 2006
- Jennifer Aniston wants some new Radiohead – 2005
- At Ease Project 02 | OK Photoshop | Results – 2004
- More shirts at w.a.s.t.e – 2004
- BODYSONG: BEST BRITISH DOCUMENTARY – 2003