Stanley Donwood is having another show in London. It’s been a while since his last London exhibition after shows in Europe and USA.
The exhibition of the Radiohead artist is entitled Work on Paper and you can see it at The Outsiders from February 17 – March 12, 2011. Downstairs in The Dungeon, Donwood will showcase a selection of Artist Proofs, rare print editions, and original drawings on paper. Included in this selection are never before seen images as well as prints from his most acclaimed series namely ʻAtoms For Peaceʼ, ʻLondon Viewsʼ and ʻTwisted Woodsʼ.
Stanley Donwood on the show:
Work on paper, I thought… work on paper.
The forthcoming show at Mr Lazarides’ earliest gallery acquisition, once an emporium of sadomasochistic paraphenalia called ‘Swish’ and now a sort of shop-cum-gallery called ‘The Outsiders’ is to be an exhibition of various marks that I’ve made on paper. And the thing is, I’m not actually in my studio, but in a kind of no-man’s-land in the crumbling edifice that houses it… It’s at times like this that I wonder why I didn’t listen to my teachers when I was younger, why I laughed at those careers-advice people.
‘Work on Paper’ will run from 17th February – 12th March at The Outsiders | 8 Greek Street | W1D 4DG | Monday-Saturday 11-7pm | www.theoutsiders.net
Stanley Donwood issued another Taglibro with more info on the show. See it below [click to enlarge]
Radiohead news on this day..
- Listen to Peter Gabriel’s version of Street Spirit – 2010
- Radiohead donate another track to homeless charity – 2009
- No BAFTA for Jonny Greenwood – 2008
- True to Form: gas leak dream – 2007
- Pre-order your copy of Radiohead’s LP7… – 2007
- Moribund, the W.A.S.T.E. sale – 2007
- Stanley Donwood at Picture This exhibition – 2006
- Field Day Festival is off – 2005
- Third Way interview online – 2005
- Just Bluegrass – 2004