While it’s not the biggest news of the day, it has been revealed by The Hollywood Reporter (amongst others) that Jonny Greenwood will be composing the score for the upcoming British film We Need To Talk About Kevin. The film, currently in post-production, is being directed by Lynne Ramsay (who also wrote the screenplay) and it stars John C. Reilly and Tilda Swinton. The film is based on the controversial 2003 novel of the same name written by Lionel Shriver; the novel received the Orange Prize in 2005.
At this point there is no firm release date for the film much less a release date for any score (if there is a retail release at all). Of course Jonny has just recently worked on the score for Norwegian Wood which was based on Haruki Murakami’s hugely popular novel. Already out in Japan, Jonny’s score for Norwegian Wood sees a more widespread release on March 8.
With all the news about The King Of Limbs this announcement is oddly timed. We’ll all just have to hope that news of Jonny working on a new score doesn’t mean limited time for Radiohead to tour in the first part of 2011.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Download Atoms For Peace – Judge Jury & Executioner – Live Fuji Rock – 2013
- Radiohead to headline Bonnaroo 2012 – 2012
- Radiohead manager: ‘The King Of Limbs’ release is logical progression’ – 2011
- Is Radiohead’s ‘The King Of Limbs’ an 8-track album? – 2011
- Kanye West snubbed by Thom Yorke at Grammys – 2009
- Radiohead news in brief – 2008
- Win ‘Jonny Greenwood is the Controller’ – 2007
- Vintage Radiohead session on 99x – 2004
- Online chat with Phil Selway – 2003