Radiohead’s guitarist Jonny Greenwood was interviewed by Matt Everitt on BBC 6 Music this morning. Mostly on his movie scores and still vague on Radiohead’s future.
Talking about his score for We Need To Talk About Kevin directed by Lynne Ramsay, Jonny told 6 Music: “It’s an amazing film she has made, a serious subject matter, but a good chance to play with new instruments. We used this harpist called Jean Kelly, who plays harp strung with metal strings, so it sounds like nothing you have heard, wonderful.”
On his score for the film Norwegian Wood, he said: “There’s lots of stuff in the book about music lessons and learning to play Bach on guitar, this isn’t in the film but it helped me write lots of the guitar music.”
However, Jonny didn’t say much about Radiohead’s future plans: “We are recording with Radiohead and rehearsing, playing and making music and working out what to do. We have stopped planning ahead very far, just making music and wondering where to go next and what to do.”
Listen to the interview here:
Radiohead news on this day..
- Atoms For Peace announce European Tour – 2013
- Jonny Greenwood to be interviewed on BBC 6 Music tomorrow – 2011
- Radiohead featured in Mexican MAD Magazine – 2009
- Stanley Donwood exhibition in Japan – 2008
- The Fog Of War – 2007
- Thom Yorke: How to appear completely… – 2007
- Small Dead Air Space update – 2006
- New Radiohead.com online – 2004
- Radiohead play UK clubs in May – 2003