Letters Of Note is a great site that gathers and shares interesting and notable correspondence written by artists, politicians, actors, etc. Today they’ve got a post up sharing two letters written by Thom Yorke in response to fan mail received in the mid-90s. Given how much Radiohead (along with the rest of humanity) have embraced the digital era, these letters provide a nostalgic snapshot of a bygone era. Of note to me, the second letter in the post (and the one shared below) was in response to a letter written by a friend of mine and a former prominent member of the At Ease community.
I remember Melissa showing me this letter a a number of years ago when I was staying with her in Los Angeles. So yes, she did manage to get out of her town and see the world.
Be sure to head over the Letters Of Note to read Thom’s other response.
Radiohead news on this day..
- Radiohead live in San Jose – Live Report – 2012
- Com Lag (2Plus2IsFive) EP set for re-release – 2007
- Noel Gallagher: Radiohead more important than Oasis – 2006
- Battle of the 90′s drummers – 2005
- Creep story on 6Music – 2004
- ‘Split Sides’ in Korea – 2004
- Radiohead’s Musical Journey on Triple J – 2004
- Glastonbury ‘reserve’ tickets snapped up – 2003
- Radiohead on ‘Later…’ – 2003
- BBC Documentary press release – 2003