And the wait is over.
Earlier today, the first editions of The King Of Limbs “newspaper album” began to arrive on the doorstep of Radiohead fans who had preordered the special package. At this point, it seems most of the fans that have receieved their copies are in the UK so the rest of the world might have to be a bit more patient.
Photos of the package began appearing very quickly on the message board and you can view some of the photos here. But if you want higher quality photos and some thoughts from Stanley Donwood on the package you should check out this article published today at Creative Review.
The newspaper album seems to come pretty much as advertised. The album is presented on two pieces of clear 10″ vinyl (45 rpm) with two songs appearing on each side. Each piece of vinyl comes in its own sleeve. The album also appears on CD. The newspaper that comes with the album is much more substantial than The Universal Sigh at, reportedly, 36 pages in length including some photographs of the band. The sheet below the CD sleeve above features the tiny 625 pieces of artwork on blotter paper that can be torn into individual pieces if you wish.
We’re not going to go into all the details here (I don’t even have my own copy yet!) but there appears to be lots of artwork to explore when yours arrives at your door. If you’ve received yours already let us know what you think of it in the comments.
Radiohead news on this day..
- New Stanley Donwood Exhibition in LA: LOST ANGELES – 2012
- Prince covers ‘Creep’ at Coachella – 2008
- The ultimate Radiohead Top 20 2006 – 2006
- Pitchfork reviews new tracks – 2005
- Radiohead still heading for Coachella – 2004
- W.a.s.t.e. tickets refunds for cancelled show – 2004
- Bodysong nominated for Ivor Novello award – 2004
- Radiohead cancel Melbourne show – 2004
- Second part of the Radiohead Story online – 2003
- Website for Greek tickets finally online – 2000