Ed O’Brien just posted on Dead Air Space, plugging a book by Jay Griffiths. The book, entitled ‘Wilout for several years now. You might know Jay Griffiths from her contribution to Radiohead’s newspaper ‘The Universal Sigh’.
I want to spread the word about a book that I read almost exactly a year ago, which I think some of you will adore/recognise/need. Its a book called Wild and its written by Jay Griffiths and it is an astonishing piece of writing and it was exactly what I needed to read .
I was not in the greatest of places .. I was feeling low, getting increasingly disturbed and frustrated by the state of pretty much everything in the 21st century, which, can be simply summarised as the inability of the vast majority of our business and political leaders to truly look after the welfare of the vast majority of this planets citizens and the earth that we all live on .Nothing new then?! ..Well this book was truly medicinal and like all great music, it helped to lift me up and pull me out of this low level depression Reading it, felt like one of those amazing moments in life where one feels an overwhelming sense of relief and amazement that someone could actually be writing about the very things that seemed to be affecting oneself .. It makes you feel less alone .And it does this in such a beautiful, passionate and raw way .
If you got a copy of The Universal Sigh, you will notice that Jay Griffiths contributed a piece to it . I dont normally recommend books on DAS, but seeing as Ive given away probably 20 or so copies of it to friends and family, I thought some of you should know about this Good luck
Radiohead news on this day..
- Thom Yorke to guest on Jonathan Ross show – 2013
- Atoms For Peace drop new track Magic Beanz – 2013
- Radiohead 2012 World Tour: Leg 2 breakdown – 2012
- More artists added to Daydream Festival – 2008
- More artists confirmed for Daydream Festival – 2008
- VH1 broadcast Radiohead From The Basement – 2008
- ‘Music and Art of Radiohead’ update – 2005
- Trey Anastasio covers ‘Knives Out’ – 2005
- Radiohead’s Glastonbury gig voted best ever – 2004
- Thom on Tom – 2003